Is debt review a good idea?
If you are struggling with paying off your debts, you may be considering debt review and may hear differing opinions on the advantages and disadvantages of debt review. Let's look at the comment opinions.
Debt review is not a way to avoid paying your debt but rather a way of managing to pay off what you owe. If you are over indebted, debt review can be a good thing in the long run.
Disadvantages of debt review
- You will not be able to take out credit during the debt review process. This is seen as a disadvantage for people that are stuck in a debt spiral and reliant on debt to fund their everyday expenses. However, in fact, this is a benefit as it means you cannot take on further debt enabling you to pay off existing debt. This is the start of your journey to financial freedom.
- Your repayments can be extended over a longer period. In order to reduce your monthly repayment, your debt may need to be paid off over a longer period. However, there is also a negotiation in reduced interest rates during the process which can mean you are paying off less in the long term
- Debt review will be flagged on your credit report until the process is completed. This means that your creditors will be able to see that you are listed under debt review during the process. This does not mean you are blacklisted, in fact, when the process is complete you will have a clean record and any negative information is removed from your credit record.
The benefits of debt review
- You can reduce your repayments by up to 50% giving you breathing space each month. This is because your debt counsellor will negotiate with your creditors to pay less as well as reduce interest rates to reduce your overall outstanding debt.
- Your assets cannot be repossessed and will be protected. Debt review is a legal process under the NCA (National Credit Act). Creditors cannot initiate any legal action to sell your assets at auction to cover your debt.
- Creditors cannot proceed with legal action and continue to hassle you for payment. All creditors are managed by your debt counsellor on your behalf.
- Sleepless nights become a thing of the past and you will feel relief immediately as someone else is taking care of the process
- After the process has been completed, you will have a clean record and feel real financial relief. Your finances will be in order and you can enjoy a new, stress free life.
Meerkat can help you to achieve financial freedom and help you to better your finances. We offer a confidential process for people wanting to pay off their debts at a more affordable rate. With trusted, expert advice and a proven successful easy process, we are here to help and always looking out for you.
Feel free to contact us for expert advice, you are one step away from being debt free!
Satisfied and Debt Free Customers
You have helped me so much. I now have peace of mind and am left with more money each month. I can now pay for my children’s transport and buy electricity. Thank you so much Meerkat. May our God richly bless you. Mrs. Vilakazi.
I would like to thank Meerkat for the excellent, professional service I received. I logged a callback request on your website and you called me back quickly. Your team is incredibly polite and puts me at instant ease. B. Pelser
Since I joined Meerkat, I have received excellent service, and my queries are handled timeously. I would recommend Meerkat to friends, family & colleagues should they find themselves in financial difficulty. Pauline.